Google Adword Setup Checklist to Get It Right
Google Adword or PPC marketing allows brands to reach new online customers. Google ad is lucrative, but has a learning curve. You need to get familiar with all the ins and outs of setting a Google ad campaign. You don’t desire to experience a glitch some days after the launch like you forgot to modify keyword types or did not set geo-targeting.
It’s fine. Below is a Google Adword setup checklist, which can help you avoid any hitches. You can even hire Google ads management professionals to handle the setup. Australian Internet Advertising is one of the best PPC management agencies that have been helping big and small businesses to enhance their visibility and click-ability.
The first step is to create an Adword account.
- Get rid of duplicates – Ensure each one in ad groups is unique in match type and grammar.
- Review match type – You get options like a broad match, broad match modifier, phrase match, exact match, and negative match. Broad match modifier, exact, and phrase match is recommended.
- Functional landing page – It is a location where the viewers will land after they click on your ad. It has to be the right page and impressive.
- Check spellings – Check your ads copy for spelling errors. It can discourage many people from clicking.
- Ad keywords in the ad copy – Keyword included in your ad copy increases the possibility of high CTR.
- Define CPC bids – Cost-per-click bid on keywords has to be set at the low range.
- Group similar keywords because it is easy to show relevant ads to your target audience.
- Ad group’s names can be according to keywords. It helps as you don’t need to find in which ad group a specific keyword is used.
- Each ad group must have a maximum of 20 keywords. If a lot of keywords are used, the ad quota will less likely match the seeker’s query.
- Set budget – Know the money your business can spend on PPC campaign per day. Recheck it before setting your campaign budget.
- Set location targeting – You don’t desire to promote your Kentucky restaurant nationally, especially when you are not shipping. You can set excluded locations.
- Choose proper ad rotation – For ad copy testing, allow it to rotate indefinitely. All the ads will be evenly rotated and not Google optimized for performance or clicks. You can learn what works best for you.
- Set language target – It is a waste when your target audience cannot read your website. Ensure English-speaking visitors land on a webpage written in English.
- Select the proper delivery method – Standard and Accelerated are two delivery method options Adword provides. The first method ensures your budget is spent evenly. The latter will increase the pace and your budget gets spent quickly.
- Choose ‘search network only’ – Your search ads need to run on search network only, so uncheck Display Network. If you rum both the spending will increase.
- Exclude IP address – It means you will not see your own ads and skew your data.
- Set target device – Your campaign by default will target every device. If your ad is about software that the audience needs to download on their Smartphone then exclude computers and modify the bid on mobiles and tablets.
- Connect with Google Analytics – Google Analytics allows you to get an insight into how visitors respond to your ad and website.
You are all prepared to launch your Google Adword campaign. Keep focused on what keywords and ads work best. Soon you will get an idea of how Google Adword program works.