Stay Safe From COVID-19 When Travelling or Going to Public Places
In this COVID-19 pandemic situation people are slowly coming out of their stay-at-home restrictions and trying to go back to their daily norms. Lifting of restrictions does not equal to carelessness in protecting yourself and people around you. You still need to follow the public health protection guidelines to remain safe.
When you go out, whether to restaurants, gym, stores or any other public place, you will come in contact with many people. Here it is very important how you conduct yourself. Look out for these dos and don’ts and be a responsible person.
What to Do?
- Check the websites of WHO and the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention for latest guidelines and regulations. The extent of restrictions may not be the same in different places depending on the situation. Further check for the specific travelling guidelines.
- While travelling in public transport there is a high risk of transmission of the infection. Wear a mask or use face covering that will completely cover your nose and mouth from top of your nose to below the chin.
You can store reliable protective face masks in your home. Don’t run out of it suddenly. Look for companies like Custom Earth Promos (Florida, USA). They can accommodate both small and large orders and they give many options to choose from. They take pride in being an eco-friendly company specializing in custom bags and producing certified and top-quality face masks.
- Maintain 6 feet distance.
- Maintain hygiene and frequently wash your hands with soap and water for 20 seconds. You can rub a hand sanitizer with 60% alcohol base.
- Wash your hands before putting on mask and after removing it.
- Always carry a hand sanitizer when outside.
- Check the precautions taken by the place or business you visit. Go inside only if there is proper protection.
- Check beforehand whether any facilities you want to visit is open or not.
- Always ride a private vehicle if possible. It reduces the chance of contamination from public and hired transport. Even if you have to hire a transport or avail public transport, check whether they are following safety guidelines.
What Not to Do?
- Do not go to crowded places.
- Do not come in close contact with another person. Suppose you meet your friend after a long time and want to give her a hug. It is a complete ‘no’. You should not even shake your hands.
- Do not touch your face, eyes or mouth.
- Cover your mouth and nose while sneezing or coughing with your elbow or tissue. Don’t use your hands. Throw the tissue in a closed trash bin.
- Don’t forget to wear a face mask or cloth covering.
- Do not wear your mask in a wrong way – inside out, under the nose, hanging by the ear or neck.
- Dispose your mask properly. Do not touch the mask itself. Remove it by holding the straps or ties.
Follow these tips to remain safe during this pandemic.